Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Mother Land


Lots of changes have happened recently. We moved to Ohio. We like our home so far. We've bumped up in square footage and are trying to decided what do do with the extra space. I was going to put pictures up on the internet for everyone to see, but I don't have them because we're in ENGLAND!!!

It's interesting over here but a little crazy. I've finally mastered roundabouts and driving on the left hand side of the road. Nicole has been spending time touring the country side. She's been enjoying it. I've been working and getting trained which has been great. We have been staying with Miles and Kris who are friends from BYU days and are great hosts. The Englis countryside is gorgeous. Everything is definitely tighter though. There's lots of little villages and small windy roads.

So far it's been a blast. We only have two weeks left.


Oxford


A bridge in Bath


Another bridge in Bath


A cool old building in Oxford


Also Oxford


Boating on a canal in Oxford with Miles and Kris


Me punting the boat
A walk in the countryside


Miles and Kris' cottage where we are staying

7 comments:

Willie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Analeis Paul said...

I'm so jealous of you guys! I would love to go to England:) Have fun over there and be safe!

Jordan y Lacey said...

How much fun can you have?!! and how strange would it be to have to drive on the left side of the road..good work on mastering that!! Keep having fun...it looks soo beautiful there!

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

Thanks for the description and great pictures. It all seems very stately, with beautiful architecture. The boat ride on the canal looked quiet and peaceful. Have fun.

Carolyn said...

I know I don't have to say it because you already know how jealous I am, but I AM SO JEALOUS!! Their cottage looks so cute. It makes me want to move to England!

~j. said...

WHAT?!?!?! You two are rockstars.

mommacragun said...

I am green with envy. I loved our trip to England and want to go back. Enjoy every minute. You'll get used to the driving about the time you have to leave. Love you guys.