Monday, April 26, 2010

Well don't you clean up nicely






This is our bathroom. He's vivacious.


This is my Matt's father, to whom we are forever grateful for lending his experienced hand. He was our personal slave and he worked hard (well into 3:30 AM on Saturday night, along with my diligent husband and brother-in-law).


This is Matt's talented mother, who worked and weeded and painted and with whom I ran many trips to Home Depot and Wal-Mart with.

This flower bed (as well as the others lining our entire house) was filled with weeds. (Example below.)

We gave it a nice face lift. I even have a pretty little flower planter now, THANK YOU LEANNE!

She also taught me how to obtain my own green thumb


We worked hard and I am very happy that hard work often brings such grand rewards. (I even learned how to prune. Dustin, you'd be so proud.)

So this is the before of our kitchen, if you have forgotten.

And after screwing over a billion screws,

and taping,

and sawing (This is Eric, who drove long hours and stayed up late and drove home all in a weekend just to help us. We love Eric.)

and laying tiles, you get something like this. Only cleaner.


9 comments:

Laurel C. said...

I love it! The Craguns are a wonderful family, aren't they? And the place looks great!

Stephanie said...

Yay! for free labor, I mean family!

Bry said...

It's looking great! Talk about work. I can't wait to see it the end of May. Keep posting Pics it's so fun to see it coming together.

Carolyn said...

Oh, to have flowers in the flower bed. Should I just pull mine all up and forget about those that are still alive and start fresh? It is coming along so nicely. How exciting!

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

It's looking good. We're glad we got to see the "before" in person, but it will be even more fun to see the "after". Wish our timing would have been better so that we could have helped more! Looks like you got a lot done. More pictures please. Love ya!

Megalicious said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Kassi said...

How fun! Lots of hard work too! You get a home and you get to make it yours! How perfect!!!!!! You will have to post when it is all perfect and ready! You have great taste I really like what I see! Not that you need my approval--it is your house, lol.

Jen said...

So fun! I'm jealous of your weeded flower bed. And that you had someone else to help do it. We'll just drive out and come see it, okay?

Natalie said...

I've always known how amazing your in-laws are. How fun to see so much progress! Love it!