Saturday, August 1, 2009

More of Britain



After we stayed with Miles and Kris (thank you again and again and again), we moved into a cute little cottage of our own.


English right?

One of the days I took a bus into the city of Banbury for the morning and watched the little boats go up and down the canal.

Then I took a train up to a little place of heavenly shopping at Stratford-Upon-Avon. I also visited a friend of mine.


This is his home. Do you know him?

Paddington Station

My friend Kris took me in to London that Friday and we went saw this
I didn't know what to expect but it is huge. It's also attached to Parliament, didn't know that either, and it's enormous!


Westminster Abbey

The biggest mall ever, complete with a memorial for Princess Diana.

Then Matt and I went back to London on Saturday.
This is the back of Parliament, it just keeps going.


This was pretty much what we saw of the changing of the guard. It was more frustrating than anything else. I still don't know what the heck changing of the guards looks like. Everyone just shoves and pushes and I was quite done with it so we just left.


Tower of London, which is really the London Castle

View from the ride on our river cruise

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! You're trip looked like it was wonderful! When i saw that train station it made me think of Harry Potter. Was there a platform 9 3/4 there?

Kris said...

We miss you friends, but glad you made it back home. I love that last photo of Big Ben and Houses of Parliament on the Thames. One day Miles and I will have to try out that boat ride.

xxx

Carolyn said...

Love it love it loooooveee it.

Tara said...

I've been living through you guys with this trip! I want to visit there!

That photo of the phone booth reminds me of that movie "The Man Who Knew Too Little"...have you seen it? It's hilarious! Cracks me up every time I watch it!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Hey! It's Jamie Gardner!!! WOW! Love all the photos! You two are such a cute couple! Thanks for the blog address! I just invited you to my blog so check your email eh!
Thanks again for the fun visit the other day! YOu are soo sweet! I am so glad that you are in my ward and I can't wait to really hang out once I am fully recovered from my c-section. YOur bread that you made was AMAZING!!! I seriously need that recipe! My mom wanted to call you and get the recipe the day you came by she loved it so much! We'll have to have a little recipe swap.