Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Plethora of Portions


I wanted to do a quick update because we haven't blogged for so long. First of all, I had a birthday! I am officially 23. I've distanced myself yet another year from the elusive 15 year old that people still confuse me with. But, it was a wonderful day. My husband took me up to the DC temple, it's what I asked for, and then we went out to eat with his brother at Buca di Beppo. He also gave me tickets to see the Russian National Ballet of Cinderella, which we went to yesterday, and I loved it. I love ballet. And Matt found it entertaining too, especially the men in tights. One of his comments of the night was, "I can't do that, I'll clap for him!"

A highlight of last month: one of my best friends from college came home from her mission in Texas last week!! We started a tradition before she left of making Love Dumplings for Valentine's Day. It turned out excellent, better than we had hoped; however, the unlucky effect took place of it turning the exact same shade as Pepto Bismol so our roommates wouldn't eat it. I decided I was going to keep the tradition and I made it for Matt for V-Day. And I have a strong-stomached husband who likes my random amusements and he said it looked wonderful and ate it and loved it. Happy Valentines!


A gift to Matthew this year for Christmas was tickets to the Monster Jam. It was awesome and loud! So many men with their sons. Matt brought me earplugs so that I'm not deaf at an early age. He refused some. Boys. It was fun, one of the trucks tipped over, one caught on fire, one lost a wheel, one lost a drive shaft. It was wild and crazy. At one point Matt was shaking because he was so excited.



This week we were also given a wonderful Christmas miracle, a snow day! One with real snow in it. Matt and I woke up at 5:30 am on Monday morning to the brilliant recorded voice of Hampton City Schools telling me to go back to bed, sleep in late, wake up stress-free, make a wonderful breakfast with your husband, read Harry Potter VII, make muffins, bread, and tortellini, laugh maliciously at all the people who had to go to work multiple days this year with feet of snow on the ground, go to the mall and see signs that read "will close at 3:30 due to inclement weather", and then go home and smile because Virginia and its anxieties have given you one more full fun day with your amazing husband.


ciao.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's a lot of bread.

I miss those days with just my husband and me. I guess they will come back all too soon.

Analeis Paul said...

Oh Nicole, I missed you! It sounds like you guys have been super busy:) Fun fun! Oh, and your Valentines dinner still looks sick, and almost made me gag just thinking about it! But that's okay... You need to fly out here, so we (Aubry,me and you) can get together like old times!
Miss you!

Anonymous said...

A most wonderful update.

Next time you come to town, let's make tortellini.

Kris said...

That bread looks so yummy!

Ballet and Monster Jam make a funny combination. :)

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

We get to go to the SUU dance program, put on by the faculty - not quite Russian Ballet! Makes me think of your playing the young girl in the Las Vegas Ballet of Romeo and Juliet. It sounds like you are having some great times. The home baked bread makes us hungry for it.