Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter Wonder Land

So, in some places, Christmas comes twice a year.  This morning as Nicole and I woke up we found much to our pleasant surprise that today was a snow day.  Was there snow? no.  Was there a 40% chance of precipitation with temperatures somewhere around freezing? Yes.  Now, ordinarily I might come down hard on the state of Virginia for being weak, especially having grown up in MN where they only got out of school last week for actually having snow and temperatures that were literally 80 degrees colder.  However, being that it means we get a long weekend together extended, I'm not complaining.
 

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Absolutely hilarious! We could use a "Virginia Snow Day" around here - sigh.

mommacragun said...

We had 2 snow days last week and we actually deserved them. 40 below wind chill. Frozen diesel in the school buses.

Carolyn said...

How cool that you live in a place where it doesn't get cold and you STILL get a snow day!! (I don't think -40 is worth that snow day).

Angie said...

Hilarious! You guys do have fun together, don't you? It's so cute to see your clever blog. Side note- Nicole: do you never check your facebook or are you just afraid of accepting an offer of friendship from your cuzzin?? I also wondered if maybe you didn't recognize my new last name because I didn't put Hastings in my name on facebook. Anyway, I'll catch you guys later.

Bradwich said...

Awesome. I especially enjoyed the excitement so easily visible on Nicole's face. Happy snow day, you guys. During the first week of classes here, it dumped snow for about three days straight. I shoveled for 6 of 24 hours. And still had to go to class.

I guess Virginia is for... pansies. And the Craguns.

Kassi said...

So I found you on Annie's blog and I was so excited. I hope you don't mind that I have been reading your blog. That snow day is so funny. Warm and sunny. So when did you get married? How did you meet your husband?

This is Kassi from you BYU ward when you were dating that kid Mike. I married Curtis from our ward. our blog is nolankids.blogspot.com Email me if you want an invite kassinolan@gmail.com it's private to protect our little girl.

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

We just saw your forecast, and you may get a REAL "snow day" if the snow and ice gets as far south as you! In the meantime, go see our "snow day" on the blog. Love ya!