Thursday, May 22, 2008

I You Love





















We had an amazing experience tonight. Maybe this is why we came to Guiyang early. We were invited by the performing arts department at this university to sing in their end of year concert. It really was so nice of them to invite us, they've been practicing for a long time and... well we're dancers, but I think it went well. The best part was that we got to sing "I Am a Child of God". Probably one of the best experiences of my life. When they read the title to them in Chinese they all cheered...? We all really tried to prepare for the experience, that we would be able to share what we believe so strongly with them through the only means we could, by singing. They also loved it when we sang a Chinese song for them, I doubt it sounded right at all, but whatever. It was awesome.

But if you couldn't tell, we're in Guiyang! It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The entire city is just rolling green, peaked, misty mountains. They also have the most amazing fruit here, ones I've never seen or heard of.


We've hit our half-way point! I have three weeks left, two in Guiyang and one in Beijing. Only two more weeks of classes!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I think that is so awesome. I can't wait to see you when you get home. I mean, if I get to see you. Not that I'm going out for anything.

love you!

Monica said...

Very cool! We're getting excited for you to come home. It has flown by.