Saturday, October 30, 2010

Before and After


I'm finally posting the before and after pictures of the main level of our house. I don't know why it's taken me so long to just do it. I guess I felt like it wasn't done enough to post. We still have some doors missing, some furniture to buy, and some decorating to do, but most of it's done.

Enjoy.

Before
Don't be fooled by the okay looking floor. There were probably 30 screws holding it down where it had bulged from expansion. The trim was also pretty hacked in places where they'd tried to fit the flooring underneath it. We thought it was termites at first.

After

Before

After


Before

After


Before
The tile floor was cracked in places because it wasn't installed with cement backer board, so it was either replace a few and have the same problem later or redo the whole floor. We chose the latter.


After




Before

After

Before
nasty dirty filthy disgusting toilet bathroom

After
I wish we would have taken real pictures of the half bathroom- I think it was one of the rooms that had the biggest change.

11 comments:

Mari said...

Hey guys- Your house is great!
Your kitchen is GORGEOUS!!!
Enjoy!

Laurel C. said...

Whew! I am so relieved that you said "real pictures of the half bath." When I saw that nasty ol' picture I couldn't BELIEVE it was in your house, or that you even touched it enough to renovate it. So glad it wasn't yours. NICE picture, though!

Your kitchen is beautiful! Very nice job. I like the additional bar area you put it. You've put it lots of great work on this house. Looks like you're really enjoying it. What fun.

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

We're just glad we got to see the "before" and "after" in person and not just through pictures.

Stephanie said...

Your house looks fabulous! I think I'm gonna' have a nightmare now after seeing that bathroom photo.

Lynnette said...

I liked the bathroom better before, but other than that, GREAT job! You guys worked so hard!

GayleV said...

Amazing before and after photos! You guys have certainly made some great improvements to your house. I am with everyone else, I was scared when I saw that before picture of the bathroom. Thank heavens it wasn't really yours. I would have run the other direction if it was!

Jen said...

Your house looks so great! Good job- I'm especially jealous of the cute little vase on the bathroom floor. With two little boys at my house, well, that would end up in the toilet pretty quick. Everything looks great!

Analeis Paul said...

It looks so good! I know it was a lot of work, so it definitely paid of well:)

Carolyn said...

I am loving your kitchen! It all looks so nice! You did a great job.

Lynnette said...

I looked at your pictures again today, and I have to comment again just to agree with everyone that your kitchen is so gorgeous. I am totally jealous!

Kassi said...

I love your before and after's. It looks so nice after and you have really cute style. Love your house and YEAH for having counter-tops!