Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Favorite Day




August 2nd. It was an amazing day all in all.  The most amazing day of my life, just like I always hoped it would be.  It started around 3:30 am with my incredibly generous and very talented friend Heather doing my hair.  (I have Heather to thank for making me feel beautiful during this whole thing.  Thanks Hes!) We got to the St. George Temple early so I could meet Matt and our photographer to take pictures before the insane heat of the day came. 

Being sealed in the temple for eternity to the person I love more than anything was the greatest feeling I have ever experienced.  To know that it is all real, that I can really be with Matt and my family forever, was worth everything it took to get there.  

Matt wanted to do it right so he carried me out of the temple after we were sealed.  

We tried to take our family pictures as quickly as possible because it was around 103 degrees at 1:00 in the afternoon.  We're actually really lucky because it was overcast so it could have been around 108 or so. 

All my nieces
 looked so miserably hot and my nephew Isaac was stripped because of the insane heat:)

We went and had a really nice luncheon, provided by Matt's parents, (thank you so much!) and then drove back to Cedar for the reception.  My extended family helped so much with the set up and decorations (thank you thank you!) and my awesome neighbors helped so much with the food (thank you all too!).  

The night went really fast and my feet didn't hurt all night! But what they say is true, I didn't have a second to think about eating dinner.  We had a small bite of our cake, which tasted amazing, but then didn't have time to eat any later. 

We had a short dance where I got to dance with my dad and my brother Chad.  I don't know what it is about Chad, but I don't think I've ever ever hugged him without crying.   

When it was finally time to go we got all of our stuff and walked outside to this:
Matt's brothers and friends copied our key, moved our car, and did lots of fun things to it.

I feel so lucky.  I've never seen such an impressive car after a wedding!  They filled our car with confetti in random places, like our sun roof, so it all fell out when we opened it an hour later, and our air vents, so it all blew out when we turned on the air.  Malibu Ken and Barbie were on our dashboard and Marvin Gaye was playing for everyone to hear as we drove off.  

It was a crazy long day, and it all happened so fast, but I'll never forget it.  I have so many people to thank for everything that went so smoothly that day and turned out perfectly.  My siblings all helped out so much and I was so so happy they were all there.  My parents and Matt's parents did so so much and I can't thank you all enough!!  

So, I'm married! And it's already 2 months into it, the best 2 months of my life.  It's funny how I could never picture the other side.  Marriage seemed like this surreal bridge you had to cross to get to a very different and very in the future life.  But I'm here.  It's fun on this side.  I liked crossing the bridge and the other side really isn't that different from the previous side.  Well, I take that back.  It's very different, I love it so so much.  But it's just as real.  

To see the pictures that my brother Chad took (he is an amazing photographer) click here.

2 comments:

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

We also thought it was a wonderful day and really enjoyed sharing your wedding day with you. It was a special experience going to the temple with you. We had a great time visiting with family and friends, and everyone seemed to enjoy your reception. You make a cute couple, and we're really glad that you found each other! Love ya! Dad & Mom

Monica said...

It was hot wasn't it? I'm just glad other people came prepared with water and shared with us.

Where are all the pictures with me in them. Rude.